Instructor: Chrissy Wainwright, Maik Derstappen
Length: 1/2 day
Target Audience: Integrator, Developer
- When: Monday, 2:00-6:00, MIT E15-341 & Tuesday, 9:00-1:00, MIT E14-493
- What you will learn: Sleuthing (how to find out what you need to customize), creating custom views for content types and listings, overriding existing Plone elements (logo, footer, search etc.), and CSS based content assignment. Specific topics include:
- Theme basics, plone.app.theming and manifest, bobtemplates.plone
- Customizing CSS from Barceloneta in the file system
- Take advantage of LESS, different ways to build LESS (just compiling or using Grunt/Gulp)
- Reusing LESS files from Barceloneta (parallel checkout of Barceloneta Theme and LESS-includes)
- Overriding a Plone template
- Prerequisites: Basic Plone and CSS/HTML knowledge.
- Things to bring: A laptop with code editor of your choice.
Because the class is only a half day, it will be wise to do some up front preparation. We will try to cover chapters 5 through 12 of this document:
Please make sure that you are able to install and use npm, grunt-cli, mr.bob and bobtemplates.plone as described here: https://training.plone.org/5/theming/theme-package.html#preparing-your-setup
Also please create a test Theme package with mr.bob as described here: https://training.plone.org/5/theming/theme-package.html#install-mr-bob-and-bobtemplates-plone and bootstrap and run the buildout of this package, to make sure that everything is working.
If you have any trouble, please contact: Maik Derstappen at md at derico.de.